Sunday, July 20, 2008

Shopping tips - one - Buyer beware

BUYER BEWARE.
Another tip for the wise about consumer products.

1. Never - ever - buy supa-glue from a crazy clarks type store: you know the ones I mean.
They come in packs of 8 or 10 for $2:00. Over the last 2 years I have bought these packs and still I forget NOT too. I bought 2 of 8 packs just last week and every one of the tubes was empty - nothing but compressed air.[ No I don't keep EVERY receipt, especially for such a small buy ]. There is no use bitchin to the store, they don't give a toss unless you have a receipt but I am going to find out WHO manufactures these and do some thing about it. All up, I recon I am out of pocket at least $50 over the last year from this sort of crap. The glue should not evaporate in a sealed tube unless the stock is about 10 years old [ which might be the case of some wholesaler trying to dump a sh*t load of the stuff ]. I might go back, buy a pack and then open every one in front of the store manager and show him how he is being screwed ].

2. This is an IMPORTANT shopping tip. I really get pissed off when I see adds for woollies telling the public how cheap they are. Of all the stores, woollies uses the rotation technique along with their goods suppliers. Learn how it's done and save a bucket load [ by NOT buying anything in the store except the bloody enticers - if you NEED them ]
There are several major manufactures that do this across all woollies owned stores [ and Coles as well - but Coles is a lot cheaper over ALL products, it's just that Coles will refuse to stock certain items because THESE manufactures try the bully boy tactics as far as pricing goes ]good-on-you Coles.Some manufacturers plead 'low on stock' to raise the price of some items then a week later, lower the price because THEY are overstocked AND/OR the retailer is overstocked.
When you go into a store [ woollies,Coles, IGA, etc, etc ] Check the price of 3 items.

a. Coffee
b. Coke
c. Chocolate.

If these are overpriced [ you'll know ] walk out and shop else where.

Specials on Chocolate should equate near enough to $5 / kilo [ the supa-duppa blocks ]
Do your maths and work out what 250 grams should be - $1:25 to $1:50 Thats a supa special on small blocks where as Woolworth's the general store will sell the 400gm block for under $5:00

The marketers at Coke must think the general public is a moron,In bottles ALL coke should equate to $1:00 or less / Litre EXCEPT for the cans. These in packs of 24 or 30 or 36 should be sold at $0:50 or less / can. I've seen 2 litre coke at over $3:00 and thats IN woollies. Stuff you.

Last on the agenda is coffee, I don't mean the crappy kind that tastes like Vegemite either; I mean the good stuff. I buy Maccona in the big or medium jars. Normal bullshit price can be as high as $14:00 a jar but it SHOULD be sold at $11:00 or less and as low as $8:something, on special.

The price of THESE items, indicates the general pricing in the whole store. I do all my shopping at ALLDI except for nitch brands that they don't sell.

No comments: